Syngenta Project Coordinator Job Kenya 2021
Syngenta Project Coordinator Job Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Syngenta Project Coordinator Job Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Project Coordinator Job, Latest Agricultural Kenyan Vacancies,
The NICE project county coordinator will be responsible for overseeing day to day implementation all the activities at the county level with the guidance of the project manager. He/She will work with the project manager to ensure field-based activities related to strengthening food systems governance, enhance availability and production of affordable, healthy, and diverse agroecologically produced local foods, ensuring that city populations have increased knowledge, demand and consumption of nutritious and agroecologically produced food and finally support in knowledge management and learning. He/she will be the focal person at the county level liaising between the project implementation team at SFEA, the implementing partners and stakeholders at the county level.
Key Roles Responsibilities.
- Coordination and stakeholder activation activities
- Provide support in the overall oversight of the 4 workstreams at the county level in relation to governance, supply, demand and scale up.
- Work closely with the county leadership with a focus on the food systems governance, identify platforms for engagement at the county level.
Workstream 1: Governance
- Support the project manager and liaise with the cities to agree which platform will be used to convene stakeholders on nutrition at city level.
- Provide information about the composition of this platform end particularly ensure the involvement of women and youths in the city platforms – noting that we have a KPI to increase the involvement of women and youth – and it should be multisectoral (public and private actors, civil society).
- Facilitate value chain prioritization processes with main stakeholders and ensure that all value chain actors in the city foodsheds work together.
- Coordinate regular documented meetings with the platform (working with a focal point appointed by the County Director in each city).
- Facilitate a planning process for nutrition activities , which should be resourced in the cities.
- Coordinate the use of the platform for capacity building activities
Workstream 2: Supply
- Target audience: Ensure women and youth are actively involved in all activities on the production side.
- Agroecology: Support the assessment surveys and the building of capacity in agroecology, using local experts in this domain.
- Partnership: Engage with local partners to introduce appropriate entrepreneurial social business models and leverage private sector expertise to support this process.
- Project management: Follow up, track project activities with the implementation partners to make sure it is completed in time. Examine and address any bottlenecks that arise with the project coordinator and local and international partners.
Workstream 3: Demand
- Work hand in- hand with the PM to ensure implementation of all activities related to demand creation which include
- Oversee formative research to better understand which foods are appreciated locally and what current agricultural and cooking practices are.
- Examine how to engage with this information using expertise from consumer insights
- Develop communication messages that are intricately linked to the foods that will be
- promoted in outcome 2
- Promote the dissemination of messaging through different channels, e.g. a whole city approach of SBCC campaigns.
- Work closely with a consultant to engage the health and education sectors as important intermediaries with the city population for promoting messages about diverse, nutritious and agroecological foods.
- Look out for opportunities to address the question of Gender-Based Harassment and Violence
Workstream 4: Learning and scale up
- Organize learning and exchange events between the cities.
- Coordinate multi stakeholders to participate in peer learning sessions, experience sharing and scale up of activities.
Required qualifications and competencies.
- Based in one of the two project counties.
- Demonstrate expertise in facilitation, capacity building and fostering partnerships through formal trainings.
- Understanding principles of agroecology and nutrition programming will be an added advantage.
Qualifications And Other Requirements
- Ability to ride a motor bike with more than 1 year experience and a valid riding license.
- Ability to interact with diverse stakeholders and professionals in a multi-cultural context, including high-level officials.
- Dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong spirit for teamwork and sense of initiative.
- Degree in agriculture, food science, agriculture economics, Agriculture education and extension and related courses.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in agricultural production, farmers’ assistance and rural development.
- Having implemented multi-sectoral agri-nutrition programme will be an advantage.
- Experience working in diverse and multi -stake holder environments.
- Understanding of gender, youth and social inclusion mainstreaming within agriculture development projects.
- Excellent command of Swahili and English.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Strong ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
How To Apply