Transport Infrastructure Engineer at European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Analyse and provide input to the technical, environmental and social as well as financial and economic aspects of project proposals with a view to developing business and early screening of projects.
- Where appropriate, interact with project promoters, in close cooperation and with full involvement of the operational departments concerned and local office staff.
- Closely follow up on project implementation and monitoring of regional transport operations including relevant reporting.
- Advise and follow up on procurement processes and environmental and social safeguards.
- Assist in the management of Technical Assistance operations involving the services of external consultants.
- Follow and support the development of the transport sector in the East African region and prepare briefings on key issues and strategic developments relevant for the Bank.
- Provide input to the preparation of sector related presentations for the Head and/or staff of the Nairobi Office
- Where required, and in full coordination with the Head of Office, build relations with key external parties (e.g. EU delegation, international financing institutions, government representatives, local authorities, other institutions).
- Where required and in full coordination with the Head of Office/HQ, represent the EIB at events, for example regular sector meetings, conferences or meetings with International Financial Institutions (IFIs).
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in engineering in relevant fields for the type of projects concerned in this post.
- Additional background in economics would be an advantage;
- At least 8 years of experience with planning and implementation of civil engineering projects;
- Multi-country working experience in particular in the East African region would be an advantage;
- Experience in project management, works supervision and or design;
- Experience in procurement and safeguard management of International Financial Institutions would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English. Good command of French will be an advantage.
- Experience in working in the public sector (government or local administration) will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to European Investment Bank (EIB) on www.linkedin.com to apply