UNOPS Senior HR Assistant NGO Kenyan Jobs Kenya 2021
UNOPS Senior HR Assistant NGO Kenyan Jobs Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: UNOPS Senior HR Assistant NGO Kenyan Jobs Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian, and development projects around the world. UNOPS supports partners to build a better future by providing services that increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability of peacebuilding, humanitarian, and development projects. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement, and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors, and United Nations organizations.
Under the direct supervision of the HR Specialist and the overall direction of the Head of Support Services as well as the technical guidance of IPAS HR, the HR Senior Assistant is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to the timely processing, recording, completion, monitoring, and maintaining of transactions and processes covering the array of Human Resources Management service lines in accordance with UNOPS’ HR rules, regulations and policies for optimal employee and talent management. S/he may serve as the first contact for internal and external clients in resolving questions on routine and standard processes and procedures and provision of guidance and information related to HR initiatives and services to a wide range of UNOPS clients.
The incumbent is assigned the following duties which are performed according to organizational needs and structure:
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support to policy development and implementation
- Advisory Services
- Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Team Management
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
Support to policy development and implementation
- Contribute to HR policy development and corporate HR initiatives by assisting to collect data on trends, risks, and opportunities and sharing local HR best practices.
- Assist with projects in support of HR initiatives for the attainment of business objectives in line with the corporate HR strategy.
- Provide advice and guidance to personnel on administrative procedures, processes, and practices for the delivery of HR services.
- Act as liaison between unit and internal and external clients and provide proactive customer service to expedite completion of projects, and provide information.
- As an interlocutor of HR, ensure that new hires’ first impressions are positive and that they have all in-processing information completed.
- Advise hiring management and guide personnel on routine elements of UNOPS recruitment and performance management processes, and learning and development initiatives, resources, and plans.
Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Support the completion of recruitment processes including offers and rejections, and updating recruitment on-line information systems in line with UNOPS policy.
- Undertakes reference checking, elements of longlisting, and organization of testing and interviews; fee calculation, minutes of general-service recruitments,
- Finalizes selection and other process approvals.
- Inform and advise UNOPS personnel, consultants, partners, and project personnel on routine aspects and elements of their conditions of service and entitlements according to their contract modality, expediting actions to facilitate their efficient, timely, and client-focused onboarding.
- Research precedents and present recommendations to the supervisor, taking into account institutionalized exceptions. Undertake research on a range of HR-related issues and assist in the preparation of notes/reports.
- Maintain monitoring systems, advising the supervisor on the status of pending requests and approaching deadlines.
- Answer questions and follow-up with personnel and management to ensure completion of absences requests, performance management cycle, and other HR processes, etc. in electronic information systems.
- Liaise with relevant HQ and UN system units to exchange information and follow up on pending issues.
- Set up and maintain reference files/records.
- Follow up or process payroll verification.
- Monitor status of HR actions to facilitate timely action by supervisor and line management, including on transactions initiated, expiring appointments/contracts, and pending separation actions.
- Manage record maintenance; including personnel file systems as well as provision of related statistical summaries and tracking movements of UNOPS personnel within the relevant business unit/s.
- Implements the control mechanism for designated administrative services, including maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures.
- Administers inventory control, supervising proper issuance of inventory items and supplies.
- Reviews travel authorizations, documentation, payments May be designated transactional role in OneUNOPS/Enterprise system Compiles data and researches information for planning of financial resources/administrative budget for administrative services.
- Provide direct support to the SOCO Head of Support Services on Country Office related matters.
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide support to the organization, facilitation, and/or delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on HR-related topics.
- Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the HR Senior Assistant directly impacts the compliant execution of HR processes in the respective unit and the efficient and effective performance within it. These promote the credibility of the organization as an effective service provider in project services and management.
- Completion of Secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (First University Degree) in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Psychology, Social Sciences, International Relations or equivalent disciplines with one (1) year experience is acceptable.
- Technical/Diploma Certificate in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Psychology, Social Sciences, International Relations or equivalent disciplines with three (3) year experience will also be acceptable.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Psychology, Social Sciences, International Relations or equivalent disciplines will be an asset but not a requirement.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in an international and/or national organization in providing General Administration and/or HR-Generalist is required
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (Google Suite products, especially google forms, sheets, docs, and slides) and experience in handling web-based management systems is preferred.
- Experience in the use of HR information systems, ERP systems desirable.
- Experience working in the humanitarian sector is desirable
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders in a developing country context is desirable.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently without Supervision is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English Language is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset. **