Wananchi Group HR Shared Services Manager Job in Kenya 2021
Wananchi Group HR Shared Services Manager Job in Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Wananchi Group HR Shared Services Manager Job in Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Title: HR Shared Services Manager
Department: Human Resources
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Employment Status / Type: Full-time
Position Reporting to: Group Human Resources Director
Job Purpose / Summary: The HR Shared Services Manager (Group) will be responsible and accountable for Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Performance management, Environmental Health & Safety as well as HR Compliance across Wananchi Group’s countries of operations & business units.
- Employee Relations
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Staff Development / Capacity building
- HR Compliance
- Performance Management
- Recruitment / Talent Acquisition
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and continuously review the organization training programs and strategy in line with the Group’s strategic plan.
- Develop, implement and monitor training programs within the organization.
- Manage training needs assessment for individual staff in consultation with HOD’s including assessment methods and measurement tools.
- Prepare the annual training plan for staff for both technical and soft skills development for improved service delivery
- Plan and deliver training courses personally where necessary & drive internal training capacity
- Develop robust induction and orientation programs.
- Provide monthly management reports on Health and Safety and L&D
- Manage and coordinate the development and implementation of the Group performance appraisal programs
- Analyze and report on performance measurement results.
- Provide regular sensitization of staff on the performance management systems/processes
- Lead the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and performance improvement programs in compliance with organization’s policy and operating legislations.
- Provide ongoing oversight and support to ensure that performance measures are being used to effectively manage operations, identify and manage risks, and effect organizational performance.
Environmental Health and Safety
- Advise Line managers of potential safety risks (assessing hazard, those potentially affected, evaluate nature and likelihood of risk, record, etc.) to enable their monitoring and mitigation.
- Ensures Environmental, Health and Safety policies, procedures and standards are in place, understood and adhered to.
- Establish Environmental Health & Safety Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and annual Targets
- Responsible for EHS quality, implementation, and performance monitoring and conducts quarterly and annual effectiveness reviews
- Establish and maintain a register of HSSE legislative requirements, permits and status of regulatory compliance
- Review the Company’s EHS performance on monthly basis, determine corrective action plans with Line managers and contribute to achievement of continuous improvement
- Conduct workplace safety surveys, audits and assessments and advise management of conditions requiring corrective action and work with them to develop solutions.
- Develop and implement EHS training & engagement feedback platforms
- Ensure that HR policies, tools and approaches are updated and in line with organizational needs and various legislations
- Draw and implement sustainable human resource action plans based on recommendations from organization review and external audits.
- Co-facilitate and carry out scheduled HR audits & reporting to mitigate any legal liability for the Group
- Drive overall employee engagement, motivation & culture alignment programs
- Drive employee grievance handling processes, counseling & disciplinary issues in compliance with organization’s policy and operating labor laws & legislations
- Keep updates on legislative changes in relation to employee relations
- Track employee grievance & disciplinary issues for timely reporting & closure.
- In liaison with the Group HRD, nature a positive work environment & work culture by developing suitable programs
- Investigate employee conflicts and proactively procure solutions
Recruitment / Talent Acquisition
- Drive talent acquisition & retention from start-to-finish.
- Perform analysis of organization’s hiring needs & provide employee hiring forecast and fit
- Plan & execute procedures and programs for improving candidates and new employee experience; and drive measurable improvements to improve such experience
- Craft talent acquisition strategies to build strong pipelines for future hiring needs and ensure the onboarding procedures are effective across job levels
- Work closely with function heads to ensure Job Descriptions are updated regularly and are in compliance with operating legislations as well as specific and any changing job design and enlargement
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management/or related fields from a recognized university
- Ten (10) years’ overall experience in HR in a busy environment, four (4) of which must be in a managerial role
- At least 5 years’ experience in EHS Management
- Experience in talent acquisition and Learning & Development
- Excellent presentation, report writing and research skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of employment legislation & employee relations trends
- Sound knowledge of HR best practices
- Excellent analytical and data management skills
- Results oriented, with demonstrated hands-on acumen
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title ”Human Resources Shared Services Manager” as the subject line not later than 13th December 2021.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.