WFP Global Fleet Consultant Job 2022
WFP Global Fleet Consultant Job 2022
Career Employment Kenya: WFP Global Fleet Consultant Job 2022
Job Description: Today Recruitment Kenya
Global Fleet Consultant Job, NGO Jobs In Kenya,
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the largest humanitarian organisation delivering food assistance to over 90 million beneficiaries in 80 countries on a yearly basis. With over 5000 trucks, 50 ships, and close to 100 planes on the move every single day, WFP, together with its partners, operates a global network to deliver life-saving food assistance to the most hard-to-reach places.
WFP owns, leases and globally operates around 1,000 trucks of different configurations, trailers, and workshop facilities throughout 28 Country Offices (COs). The WFP fleet is deployed to fill critical gaps in local transport capacity and stabilize transport rates in the event of increased insecurity and/or sudden growth in demand, as well as pioneer new routes that, due to prevailing insecurity, would remain inaccessible to local transporters. The majority of the trucks are based in the East African region, delivering food to many hard-to-reach locations. Largely due to these challenges, the WFP Regional Bureau has a strong history of activating multiple new solutions in the Supply Chain, targeting step changes in efficiency, significant savings, minimizing losses, and improving services to beneficiaries. Reducing WFP’s carbon footprint is also a key target for the region.
The fleet Consultant, based in WFP Regional Bureau in Nairobi will lead initiatives to further improve WFP’s fleet efficiency with structured implementation & roll out to realize tangible benefits. The focus will remain on developing models that promote end-to-end efficiencies and integration, streamlining local operations while minimizing supply chain activities, costs, and emissions.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Global Fleet Manager, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
- Develop a Fleet Leasing model for identified Country Offices in the region
- Support the implementation of a Global Fuel Management Project.
- Progression of Fleet waste recycling opportunities for specific Country Offices in the region.
- Support the implementation of dead stock disposal of spare parts and trucks.
- Identify and develop concepts for scalable solutions for Last Mile Delivery within the region.
- Provide project management support, following established capacity strengthening targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Engage with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing Fleet activities.
- Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs, and government institutions as relevant to the assigned projects.
- Detail any other potential exposure issues that are associated with the projects.
- Participate in fleet field missions to Country Offices.
- Degree or Diploma in the field of Heavy Commercial Fleet Management, Supply Chain, or related field;
- Minimum 8 years of professional working experience in fleet management with a recognized international organization;
- Experience in managing transport operations within a large business entity or agency, including coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in identifying & implementing corrective actions to improve performance and monitoring progress;
- Previous commercial experience in the sector at the senior management level;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive compensation package that will be determined by the contract type and the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP:
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
How to Apply
Application deadline: 17 August 2022 (midnight Rome time)